Healthcare workers have to deal with physical load as a result of their work with patients and must therefore be “fit for purpose” and use their bodies wisely. In order to be able to deal with this physical load in a good way, it is important that ergocoaches are able to instruct and motivate employees to deal with this in a conscious and efficient manner. The angle:
Awareness – behavioural change – personal responsibility.
Result of the course ergocoach care
After attending the ergocoach course you can advise and coach your colleagues about it:
- Physical load during daily work and activities;
- The risks and their consequences for employees and the organisation;
- How this can be favourably influenced by posture, efficient movement habits and behaviour.
Contents of the course Ergocoach Care
The core of the training is: knowledge about healthy working and training the technique of coaching. Ergocoaches must first of all be able to analyse various forms of work behaviour in a practical and efficient manner. Subsequently, they are expected to provide expert advice on how to deal with physical load, healthy working habits and the use of aids. Our course pays particular attention to coaching and communication skills. Theory is dealt with on the basis of presentations, discussions and practical exercises.
- Task package ergocoach
- Knowledge of body
- Basic expertise physical load
- Movement skills and practical actions
- Legal framework and physical load
- Analysing and signalling
- Communication models
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Dealing with resistance
- Practical advice ‘on the job
- Safeguarding the future
- Practical assignments
The Ergocoach course consists of a mix of theory, demonstrations, role plays, discussions, practical simulations, exercises and practical assignments. There is a lot of attention for learning to apply practical skills.
We make the Ergocoach Care course completely tailored to your needs. Our trainer has an introductory meeting with the person concerned on location. What is the current situation? What are bottlenecks? What should students learn? What is the desired result? This is the starting point for the ergocoach course.
The course is given in-house, on location
3 meetings (5 half-day sessions). The course has a modular structure. Between the modules a period of 2-4 weeks is desired to gain experience. Each module is followed by an assignment.
After following the course ergocoach participants receive a certificate.
- Periodic skills audit
- Helpdesk (by phone and e-mail)
- Deepening of techniques and skills
- Deepening tools and work materials
- Deepening motivation and coaching
- Embedding policy and sustaining change
- Participation in project team
- Periodic surgery hours